I'm not even going to do my usual 'I can't believe I haven't written a blog post in so long' speech, I'm going to get straight in to it!
This post is pretty much rounding up what has been going on in my pretty hectic life in the past few months. You may or may not know, but I began a Masters in September in Digital Marketing & Analytics. I am absolutely loving the course 90% of the time, the other 10% I usually spend crying in to my laptop screaming WHY at excel- (can anyone actually work excel?!). The course is very tough, but our material and lecturers are second to none. In another blog post I can talk a little about the course if it's something you might be interested in?
Apart from the Masters, everything else in my life has remained pretty much the same. I'm still working away in the pharmacy and loving it, I'm still very much in love (too much?!) and I'm still broke three out the four weeks in every month. However, regular readers will be proud to hear that I have been budgeting and I managed to not buy ANY clothes or make up for the entire month of January. (Yes, you read that correctly.) I didn't even find it that hard, I have been putting most of my energy in to work and college that I haven't even missed it that much!
I don't really know where this post is meant to be going, I hadn't planned on even writing anything but I felt that I abandoned my blog and after all the work I put in to it when I first began, I couldn't just walk away from it. When I began blogging in 2013 I was living at home, I had gone through a tough break up and I needed to focus my energy on, well, me basically. It was one of the best things I have ever done, and the support I received from readers and businesses, especially from Ballina was and has been incredible. I have thought a lot about quitting the blog, it's pretty non existent the last year, and I think as I'm getting older, there's more of my life I want to keep private. I also felt like I was totally irrelevant, I wasn't living at home anymore and who really cares about my 6am starts and Dublin bus-ing? But, I miss the writing, I miss talking to people through it, and I miss actually feeling like I'm doing something else besides working and studying. So, if you'll have me, I'd like to wave my white flag and slowly return to writing. There will be some changes, I don't shop as much, and my style has changed quite a bit since you last followed me, mainly down to my early starts and the fear of not being employed when I graduate! I will talk about my life in as much detail as I can, college, skincare and make up of course,and the general goings on of my mind! 2016 is a year I'm very excited about, and I have some exciting things in the pipeline.
So, to end this rather long winded rant, I would like to say, I'm back, kind of, I'll just be wearing a little more black and a little less tiaras. (Tulle skirt is still a firm staple however.)
If there is anything you would like me to focus on in upcoming posts please get in touch.
Til debt do us part,