Friday, June 06, 2014

25 things every woman should have by the time she's turns 25



I am turning 25 this august, I know, it's still 'young' to anyone over 30 and ANCIENT to anyone under 20, but it is something that I have found myself panicking about a little..Just bear with me..

I'm not saying that I'm getting old or that I'm 'over the hill', I'm panicking because when I think back on when I was 18 I did not think id be where I am at 25. I have a great life, I really do, and I'm so grateful, but to say that I'm exactly where I want to be is a huge understatement. Yes, I'm in a job I love, but it's not a career, I couldn't pay for the next round of drinks let alone have enough money to buy a house, my wardrobe is brimming with clothes, and I still have nothing to wear, I haven't travelled the world, and I'm single. I hate that that's a big deal in your late twenties. When I imagined being 25 I thought I would be living in a fabulous home in a city with my future husband adorned in the best clothes and my life would be wrapped up perfectly. I thought 25 was SO OLD. Now, I look around my parents house where I am still living, and after a mini meltdown about the direction my life is heading I see that most people my age are in the same boat. There is no age limit on when you should have your 'shit together'. As long  as you know the direction you want to go in, and you have a plan, dreams and motivation that is what is important. 

It's very easy to compare your life to what society thinks you should be doing at a given age, it's also very easy to freak out if you are not adhering to said societal norms, but if you waste your time panicking about 'getting old' life will literally pass you by, as will opportunities..

This is very deep of me...

The post below is brilliant, and intend on making my way through this list by the time I turn 26. 
I want to Stress that the post underneath my sign off is NOT mine! It was written by Brianna Wiest here's the original link: 


And if I don't make it through the list, it's not the end of the world...

Although I might just have to move to Canada and buy a cat. 

So here's to being 25, here's to not having a bloody clue what you're doing or who you're doing, and having a great time doing it. 25 will be fabulous girls, I can just feel it. 


Til debt do us part, 

Elisha xo :) 


25 Things Every Woman Should Have By The Time She Turns 25



1. Enough confidence to no longer feel the need to justify what she eats, who she dates or what she wears, not only to other people, but to herself. 

2. The goal of a bank account with a few months’ living expenses in it, if she doesn’t have that already. Just in case.

3. Only the phone numbers, Facebook friends, weekend plans, and roommates she actually wants. 

4. A best friend

who is like a sister.

5. A space of her own.

6. A good idea of what she needs in a romantic relationship, not just what she wants, or what she thinks she needs, and the willingness to explore different people and other ideas to find what exactly that is.

7. A closet of what she considers to be her “staples,” and among these things, something to wear to an interview, funeral, wedding, impromptu Friday night drink at a casual bar and dream date if ever someone were to call out of the blue.

8. The tact and grace to ask for a raise, a promotion, a change in a relationship or a date with someone she’s into.

9. The faith that she deserves those things.

10. A favorite coffee order, go-to restaurant for when friends visit from out of town, hairstyle that takes less than five minutes in the morning, “thank you” cards in her desk drawer, the print copy of her favorite book, and bedding that she is proud to show off.

11. A hobby that has nothing to do with drinking, shopping or somebody else.

12. The recipes for a number of easy meals memorized.

13. The desire and discipline to actually cook for herself. (Just herself.)

14. A trip she tells awesome stories about and a trip she has awesome plans for.

15. A sense that she’s let go of resenting other women for what they do or don’t have over her.

16. Enough of a healthy relationship with her body that her contentment no longer hinges on comparison, or what her partner would think.

17. At least one date in her memory with the kind of partner who wouldn’t care about those things anyway.

18. Forgiveness if she’s dated men who haven’t quite matured as quickly as women tend to in their early 20s.

19. The knowledge of what she wants in bed and the confidence to ask for it without feeling uncomfortable.

20. A drill, a non-stick pan, a credit card line nobody else has access to, a bra that she was measured for at the store and working knowledge of how to change a tire, unclog a pipe, make an investment and find shoes on the extra 40% rack.

21. A relationship with her mother, even if it’s the decision that their relationship will be at least functioning, if not familial.

22. A passport, a sturdy piece of luggage, and the ability to pack the essentials at a moment’s notice should she be offered the chance to get away for a weekend, a week, or a whole new life.

23. The following emergency kit: Tylenol/Advil, eyedrops, a tampon, hand sanitizer, a fresh pair of underwear, a travel sized toothbrush, hydrocolloid bandages for blisters, $20 cash, a condom, and Plan B.

24. Forgiveness for who she was.

25. An idea of who she wants to be. TC mark

This post brought to you by Chasing Life — A new ABC Family original series

Chasing Life premieres Tuesday 9/8c – Only on ABC Family!


No comments:

Post a Comment